BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Problems with importing images, Ken Burns effect.

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm BartonProblems with importing images, Ken Burns effect.
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 2:50:59 pm

Hello. I have Boris FX 9 I am using with Avid Media Composer and I am having a strange problem.

When I import a jpeg to use the pan and zoom it always gets imported wrong. I have everything set to square pixels and everything else I can think off. No matter what I set it to, Square pixels, 4:3, the imported size is always a lot smaller than the native size of the image I am importing. I made sure the image was 72 dpi and even the same size as the video 1280x720 but it still shrinks it down. The height never goes higher than 474 pixels.

Similarly when I want to import 4:3 images and zoom into them they are shrunk way down so I cannot zoom in without it being all blocky and are stretched to 16:9. Sometimes setting aspect ratio to project settings instead of square pixels makes it 4:3 but it is still tiny. Putting it to 16:9 stretches the image even wider.

What is going on? I never had this problem with Avid Pan and Zoom.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Problems with importing images, Ken Burns effect.
by on Oct 26, 2010 at 2:52:46 pm

It's unclear to me what the solution to the problem that you are having is so I'm going to have to suggest that you get in touch with one of our techs who would be happy to assist you in sleuthing the issue.

You can reach them via email at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved