BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Creating a reflection as seen in the new BCS 3D Perspective filter

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell Federman
Creating a reflection as seen in the new BCS 3D Perspective filter
on Oct 21, 2010 at 8:57:33 pm

The new BCS 3D Perspective filter creates a very cool reflection effect (among other things).

Is there a tool in Boris RED or BCC 5 that casts a reflection?

(aside from creating a second track, flipping it down with the 3D controls and reducing opacity/adding a blur...I couldnt figure out how to make the "wedge" type angle)

So maybe there is a faster way to do this in RED or with BCC 5...

...as soon as I have $300 for BCS I'll buy it!

Thanks,

Max

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Creating a reflection as seen in the new BCS 3D Perspective filter
on Oct 26, 2010 at 3:09:38 pm

Hi,

For the perspective distortion, aka that wedge look that you describe, you can use the BCC Corner Pin filter in RED or any other host. Ultimately you will be better off doing this with the BCS filter but if you want to do this with RED then you should stick with the method that you describe.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Maxwell Federman
Re: Creating a reflection as seen in the new BCS 3D Perspective filter
on Dec 19, 2011 at 1:08:03 pm

Hi Peter--

Not sure if this is standard, but while using the 3d Perspective filter, there is a large gap between my source image and the filter-generated reflection of the source image:

I launched the help .pdf for the 3D Perspective filter because I could not find any controls for adjusting the reflection, and only found controls to fade and/or soften it.

I tried moving my keyed source image to the very bottom of the frame, thinking perhaps this would remove the gap in the reflection...

...any thoughts on how to put the reflection closer to the subject to create a more convincing effect?

The help .pdf shows an example image wherein the reflection butts up directly with the source image-- so perhaps its do-able(?)

Thanks again!

Maxwell Federman
Owner

Capitol City Media
Austin, TX USA

http://www.capitolcitymedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]