BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 7 In AE Shatter Effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Santella
BCC 7 In AE Shatter Effect
on Oct 19, 2010 at 11:44:59 pm

I want to drop down a bcc extruded text (stone) have it hit the ground and only crack slightly. I've been playing around with the settings, but can't seem to get the effect I would like. A few cracks and some pieces falling off. Is this possible? Thanks for your help. In the meantime I will have fun and play with the settings. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC 7 In AE Shatter Effect
on Oct 20, 2010 at 1:38:52 pm

Hi,

The effect that you have in mind is indeed totally possible with the BCC Extruded Text filter. You simply need to take manual control of the shatter effect. Here's how:

• Twirl down the Shatter Deformer group in the BCC Extruded Text filter control panel
• Set the Crackability parameter to a value of 10
• Set the Time Mode pop-up to Manual
• At the start of the effect, enable the stopwatch parameter to generate keyframes for this parameter
• Set the start value for manual time to 0
• Go to where you want the cracks to be fully formed and set the value of this parameter to a very small amount, such as 0.05 - you can tweak this value to get the amount of cracks that you need.

That's about it!

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark Santella
on Oct 21, 2010 at 9:16:02 pm

thank you very much

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:16:39 pm

The Shatter deformer is more suited to making the extrusion seem to explode or for doing shatter wipe kind of transitions. I tried building something like what you described and posted a movie here ;
http://borisfx.cachefly.net/borisfx/Dirk%20temp/Comp%202H264.mov

maybe adding a good sound effect would sell it ? : )

and the AE CS4 project here ;
http://borisfx.cachefly.net/borisfx/Dirk%20temp/ExtrudedTextBreakage.aep.zi...

there are limitations with the shatter deformer that prevent me from making something more convincing, but we'll keep it in mind for the next version (interaction with a "ground" floor etc.)

Return to posts index

Mark Santella
on Oct 21, 2010 at 9:17:05 pm

thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]