BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Applying Boris FX text crawl to livetype images?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandra huber
Applying Boris FX text crawl to livetype images?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 10:17:14 am

does anyone know how to apply a boris textcrawl effect in fce or fcp to an already written livetype text?

i'm trying to import a livetype text to a boris text crawl window and it's not working. i've tried a variety of formats (.jpg, .png...) and it won't accept any, it justs want me to type the text directly into the window.

any ideas? would be appreciated!

-s

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Applying Boris FX text crawl to livetype images?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:42:26 pm

Hi Sandra,

Actually the Title Crawl and Title 3D options in FCP are title generators and require you to use the text window for any input. They are not effects that can be applied to an image or rendered clip, which is what a Livetype title happens to be. Livetype titles are not a font or text object as such, they are rendered image clips.

I hope this helps explain why it wasn't working as you were expecting.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

sandra huber
on Oct 7, 2010 at 11:20:18 am

thanks peter! do you happen to know of anything that might be able to do a crawl effect on livetype text? (just moving the text from right to left screen?) with all the hightech capabilities of fcp and livetype it seems insane that this isn't an option... could it be that adobe after effects is better??

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:54:57 pm

Hi Sandra,

Glad I helped to clear up the source of confusion there with Livetype. And yes, there is an easy answer to the puzzle ... you can try Boris RED, which includes the ability to generate exactly the moves that you are trying to generate with rendered clips, such as those generated by Livetype. Boris RED is used by thousands of editors worldwide for this any many other compositing and animation tasks. It exists as a plug-in right inside of FCP so you simply apply the filter to the Livetype clip, add a title Container, select the animation type and click Apply. Then you're back in the FCP timeline with the animation all set and ready to go. And it's not locked in stone either - you can go back to the Boris RED filter at any time, reopen the project and make changes to the animation. It's a 100 percent non-destructive interactive workflow and the most flexible compositing solution for FCP, Avid and Premiere Pro editors.

You can download and try the Boris RED product for free from our web site. It's available here:

http://borisfx.com/downloads/

This trial version will render without any watermark for 2 weeks, giving you time to complete your project and evaluate the software to see if it fits your workflow.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]