BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 7 ignoring keyframes in Motion 4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk MBCC 7 ignoring keyframes in Motion 4
by on Sep 22, 2010 at 6:14:00 pm

At first, I thought it was just a bug in Page Turn, but now I see it is happening with many, if not all, of my BCC 7 filters. I am trying to figure out if the issue is with my hardware setup, conflicting plugins or other software conflicts.

What is really strange is that it can come and go. I did a page turn filter and couldn't get it to animate. It looked at the first keyframe and ignored all others. Then, a few days later, it worked fine. The same thing happened with another filter a few days later. Then, without changing anything, it started to work.

Now, I am having the same problem with all of the Light Rays filters. I have 4 keyframes in this one and the only parameter that changes is the intensity. It only sees keyframes 1 and 3. It ignores 2 and 4 and just "hard cuts" to keyframe 3 after ignoring keyframe 2 and then ignores keyframe 4.

This only happens with BCC filters. I am wondering if my installation is bad or if some old "Freebie" BCC filters I have from BCC 5 & 6 are the problem.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT

Project is in 1920 x 1080, running Motion with all other programs shut down.

I am hoping someone from Boris can help me since I am on a project deadline and I never got a response from their contact form on the Boris FX site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved