BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris is SLOOOOOW & unstable

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard KenmuirBoris is SLOOOOOW & unstable
by on Sep 10, 2010 at 8:19:33 pm

i have been working with Pinnacle ultimate and Boris FX for the past week trying to render a 1 hr project.

1. i will start the render to DVD process and Boris is so slow i am literally rendering a frame every second.

2. at a point about 30% through the project i get a message that there is "not enough memory" and the rendering process just stops.

3. when i try to move into the rendering process i keep getting the same message.

I am using a decent computer and just added 2 Gig or RAM. After adding this Boris promptly consumed all of that extra memory!

Either i am missing something or this program is a memory HOG.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris is SLOOOOOW & unstable
by on Sep 13, 2010 at 3:08:15 pm

Hi Richard,

The render performance of BFX is totally dependent on the frame size and complexity of the effect that you are attempting to generate. Please feel free to send me the BFX project file and I can test that within a different host environment to see if it's related to (a) working within that particular host environment or (b) the hardware of the system that you are using or (c) the setting itself. Also, have you tried to render to DVD with the Boris effects disabled to understand how much the effects are adding to the render time? Please feel free to send the project file to me at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved