BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Null Controller and 3d Text in BCC 7

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Santella
Null Controller and 3d Text in BCC 7
on Aug 27, 2010 at 12:59:27 am

Confused. I set up a 3d Null controller of a BCC 3d text (kept it as 2d layer). Pickwhipped the rotation from BCC text layer to 3d Null Controller to enable expressions.

When I click on the controller or try to use the rotator widget (I am in rotation mode by choosing W)the highlighted 3d null controller shifts to BCC text layer and rotates in 2d space.

What I am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help. I have used nulls before, but I am drawing a blank.

Also the E-Webinar was great by Dirk. Downloaded the project but it only loads to 79%?..another issue

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Null Controller and 3d Text in BCC 7
on Aug 27, 2010 at 2:15:58 am

Sorry, I'm not sure why linking to null object does not work for you. Feel free to call our support tomorrow. Dirk is on vacation so I'm not sure if he'll see this post.

I just verified that the project file with footage is downloading fine. But it's a large zip - 25 Meg so your connection may be timing out on you. Perhaps we should split it into smaller chunks. It's a common problem. Again, I feel bad not being able to help you right away.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 27, 2010 at 2:13:32 pm

Hi,

The reason you are not seeing any change when you rotate the Null is due to the fact that you linked the Extruded Text rotation parameters to the Null rotation parameters but you are changing the Null Orientation and not Rotation parameters.

To verify this, twirl down the Null object in the timeline so that you reveal the Rotation parameters and adjust the Y rotation value - you should see that the text rotates along with the movement of the Null.

To use the rotator in the comp window to adjust the Rotation values you must select Rotation at the top menu bar in After Effects. It is set to Orientation right now (at least I would assume that this is the case.)

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mark Santella
on Aug 30, 2010 at 11:51:09 pm

Thank you. I have figured it out. Great product. I was unable to fully open Dirk's Webinar Media Files in AECS5. It will only load to 79%? I have a Quadro FX 1500 Graphics Card, Windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas. I would love the files so I can continue to improve. Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 31, 2010 at 1:15:47 pm

Hi,

I'm glad that helped.

Thanks for your kind comments regarding the product - we're quite pleased with the way it turned out and based on the feedback that we receive, our customer base shares this sentiment.

So with regard to the media files not opening, I would like to suggest that you might download the files again as it sounds like something may have become corrupt in the download. I can't understand any other reason for the project to stall out like that.

Please give that a shot if you can and let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]