BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Glow

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip BarbourBCC Glow
by on Aug 26, 2010 at 3:40:36 pm

I have a problem with various still images jumping up in my final Windows Media file (WMV) for a project I'm working on. Basically, I have a few spots within a Premiere Pro CS4 sequence that have short AE comps. Most of the comps behave perfectly. The three comps that don't work have a jpeg image with some minor up and down, in and out motion, plus a BCC Glow effect. At the beginning of one, and the end of the other two, the image mysteriously jumps up about 150 pixels for a few frames, then jumps back down to its proper space. When removing the BCC Glow filter, the image doesn't jump. This tells me it's a BCC issue. Anyone have any idea? Here's a link to a five second test file I created, you'll see the error towards the end of it:

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BCC Glow
by on Aug 26, 2010 at 4:32:10 pm

I agree it's very odd. In the middle of the clip your image jumps up for 10 frames and then jumps back down to it's original position. Since Glow is applied to the entire clip it's hard to imagine how would the filter have a problem like that. We need to see your project. Perhaps something else is going on. Try to solo that clip on a separate track with Glow applied and render that?

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Philip BarbourRe: BCC Glow
by on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:37:05 pm

Thanks for the fast response! I fixed it by changing the "Glow Compositing" in the filter settings in Premeiere from "Add" to "Saturation". Very strange.

Return to posts index

Jeremy EllisRe: BCC Glow
by on Aug 26, 2010 at 5:34:11 pm

Philip you can email me directly at so that I can get a look at your project and figure out what's causing your issue.

Thank You
Boris Technical Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved