BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Animated Library Text Effects?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass Onion
Animated Library Text Effects?
on Aug 26, 2010 at 2:55:49 am

Hi, What is the intended or proper workflow to using animated in and out text effects from the Library Browser? Should the Font, size and style be selected first and then the animated text in and out effects be used?

However when I try this the text font, size and style resets.

Therefore should the animated in out text effects be applied first?

I've tried both insert effect (red button) and open project (blue button) and both make the text reset.

How are the Library Text Effects to be used if they reset the font, size and style of the text they are applied to?

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Animated Library Text Effects?
on Aug 26, 2010 at 1:29:58 pm

Hi,

Well to explain this, we must ask the question, what is the Library Browser? The answer is that the Library Browser contains animated project templates, sans media. Loading a project from the Library is akin to opening a new composition, and you have the option of inserting this new composition into the current composition or replacing the current composition with the new composition. This is why the text and style information is "lost" when you select one of the compositions from the Library.

The workflow that I would suggest is that you first select the animation that you want from the library, then change the text and style of the imported Composition. And if you have a piece of text that you want to use with the animation from a composition in the Library, use the "insert" function instead of the "replace" function to bring the composition in from the Library; then you can copy and paste the text from the composition that you started with into the newly imported composition from the Library.

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Glass Onion
on Aug 28, 2010 at 1:08:37 am

Thanks. I've been practicing and can achieve the desired effects. However, to add an animated text effect in and then animated text effect out is almost impossible (especially on video background.

Simply put: Boris sucks when it comes to doing things easy. Almost to the point where it was a waste of money. I should be able to add animated text effects both in and out without all this hassle. Boris is seriously dated.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:11:42 pm

Hi,

While I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out the animated text effects, I'm disappointed to hear that you are not coming away from this with a satisfactory user experience. One of the things that I think we do quite well is to ease the generation of special effects, especially when it comes to animated type-on / type-of style title animation, which I think is what you were trying to achieve. Perhaps we can approach this from a different angle to see if there is a way for you to generate the looks that you have in mind while minimizing the struggle with the user interface.

We have several free tutorials regarding the generation of static and animated titles in Boris RED and Graffiti (a subset of RED) which you may read here:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/#null

I'd like to suggest that you take a few minutes and watch some of the tutorials that we have made available to see if there may be some steps that are missing from your current workflow that may make your time in Boris RED a better user experience. We are also open to any suggestion that you may have in regard to how we might make our products easier to use. Please feel free to email me privately with your suggestions at this address: peterm@borisfx.com

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]