BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

optical stabilizer won't analyze

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
saad ansari
optical stabilizer won't analyze
on Aug 13, 2010 at 4:48:35 am

I am using Boris continuum 7 and adobe premiere cs 5. I am trying to analyze a clip but nothing happens when i press the button. What is wrong?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: optical stabilizer won't analyze
on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:52:57 pm

Hi,

It may be that the filter is analyzing behind the scenes - are you on a Mac or a Windows system? How long is the clip that you are filtering? Are you using the latest version of the filters?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

saad ansari
on Aug 14, 2010 at 6:30:51 pm

I am on a windows 7 54 bit system. you were right, it does analyze in the background because when i put my mouse over the aodbe premier cs5 icon it showed it was analyzing. However, I am now trying t stabilize the clip and nothing happens. It's about 5 seconds long, the other one i tried is about 9 seconds.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 16, 2010 at 7:07:39 pm

Hi,

Well the Optical Stabilizer should have no trouble at all in stabilizing a clip such as the once that you describe. Do you have After Effects on your system? I ask only because this type of filter typically performs better in After Effects that it does in Premiere Pro. If not then we'll figure something out, but the easiest way to tackle this problem is to stabilize in AE, render, then import and edit the rendered clip into the Premiere Pro timeline.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

saad ansari
on Aug 17, 2010 at 1:50:26 am

Unfortunately I do not have after effects. What's supposed to happen after I analyze? Does it immediately stabilize the clip after using the proper settings? Nothing seemed to happen after I did.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 17, 2010 at 12:13:32 pm

Hi,

The default setting for the most recent version of the filter, which is the version that I recommend you use, is set so that after you click on the Analyze button, the clip is stabilized and will automatically be resized so that the image fills the frame on every frame.

Are you using the very latest version of the filter? You can click on the about button at the top of the filter to determine whether this is the case. What are you seeing post image analysis?

One thing to keep in mind is that image stabilization can be an iterative process, and sometimes you have to make adjustments to some of the settings before you will achieve the desired result. Sometimes you even need to stabilize the clip, and then apply the filter a second time to truly lock down the camera. It all depends on the footage that you are working with.

At this stage, I'd suggest that you bring the matter to the attention of our support team, who can guide you through the process and assist you in stabilizing your clip. You can reach them at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]