BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

boris continuum 7.0.x freezes upon quitting AE

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Chan
boris continuum 7.0.x freezes upon quitting AE
on Aug 10, 2010 at 4:32:01 pm

I have the latest version of boris continuum running on After Effects CS5 on Leopard 10.5.8. The plugins work fine but upon exiting After Effects, After Effects hangs.

I tried not using the boris plugins at all and After Effects closes fine. I have set recursive chmod 777 permissions to all boris files and folders and as well as all adobe after effects files and folders, still the same problem. I have logged in as admin and problem is still there as well.

I submitted several tickets and have yet to hear anything back from Boris.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: boris continuum 7.0.x freezes upon quitting AE
on Aug 10, 2010 at 5:49:53 pm

I'm under impression that Adobe CS5 AE is not supported on Leopard even though you can successfully launch the app. I will dig deeper in our QA records. I have a feeling we saw the same problem in our QA lab.

Sorry,

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Nicholas Chan
on Aug 10, 2010 at 6:21:05 pm

Are you saying I need Snow Leopard to run your plugin? What are the exact requirements to run Boris 7? After Effects CS5 minimum requirements says 10.5.7: http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/systemreqs/

Thanks
-Nick

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Aug 10, 2010 at 7:27:53 pm

I stand corrected. It seems that CS5 is is now compatible with 10.5. I know you are talking with our tech support now. I'm sure we will find a solution shortly.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Aug 12, 2010 at 10:41:38 am

You should restart your computer before finishing the loading of the images.Are you loading images from a digital camera?

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Aug 17, 2010 at 6:00:47 pm

I can give you an update on the CS5 compatibility under Leopard. Thanks to Adobe engineers we were able isolate and fix the problem. We will provide this fix in an upcoming BCC 7.04 update.

Sorry for inconvenience,

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]