BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Page Turn Has No Effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim MontiqPage Turn Has No Effect
by on Jul 14, 2010 at 7:23:59 pm

Hello!

I'm running Boris Complete 7.02 on AECS5 in Windows 7 64bit and upon applying the Page Turn effect, the layer disappears. I've tried this several different ways including a new comp with full-frame solid. The layers simply goes away and the effect controls have no effect. Other effects work fine so I'm not too sure why Page Turn does not.

Thanks for any responses.

Tim

Improper planning on your part doesn't necessarily constitute and emergency on my part

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Page Turn Has No Effect
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 1:16:28 pm

Hi Tim,

I'll have someone take a look at the problem that you are reporting this morning and let you know if this is something that we are seeing on our systems.

Meanwhile, you might try working with the BCC Layer Deformer filter, setting the Shape pop-up to Page Curl and using the Curl Percent, Radius and Direction parameters to control the effect.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Page Turn Has No Effect
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 2:30:17 pm

Hi Tom,

We have confirmed the problem that you are seeing with the 7.0.2 version of the Page Turn filter and have implemented a fix that we will make available in the next update, v 7.0.3.

As I mentioned in my previous post on this thread, you should be able to use the BCC Layer Deformer to create the look that you have in mind while waiting for the (free) update to BCC 7.0.2 which will include this fix.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Kirk MRe: Page Turn Has No Effect
by on Sep 8, 2010 at 4:50:06 am

I have a similar problem with BCC Page Turn in FXPlug. It is fine on any static setting but as soon as you add keyframes to animate offset, it stays static at the first keyframe and does not animate. I have BCC 7 and just got it at the end of August. No update is listed on the Boris site for BCC 7.x

Matkin Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]