BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Interlacing/Progressive footage Boris Red nightmare in FCP7

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Lowe
Interlacing/Progressive footage Boris Red nightmare in FCP7
on May 18, 2010 at 5:43:53 pm

HELP!!!

I have a SD sequence in FCP7 with Boris Red 4 titles over 1080p and DV interlaced footage. Any motion from DV footage(quick pans or slight movements) or vector titles seems like it leaves trails of the previous frame. On the effect with the 1080p footage, lines appear at the top and bottom of the footage. All of this is in a 4:3 aspect ratio sequence.

I expect the titles to flow smoothly as well as the video, no?

Sequences settings:
Pixel Aspect Ratio: NTSC CCIR 601/DV (720x480)
Frame Size: NTSC DV (3:2)
Editing Timebase: 29.97
Field Dominance: Lower (Even)

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
Re: Interlacing/Progressive footage Boris Red nightmare in FCP7
on May 18, 2010 at 6:56:34 pm

Inside the RED interface, go under Edit > Project Settings. Inside here, there will be 2 check boxes, one labelled as 'Better Quality Field Rendering', the other reading '1:2:1 Deflickering'. Generally, in particular for Vector Text, it is better to have both of these boxes checked; chances are that at least one of them is not checked by default. Once in a while, however, material renders better if one or both of these is Unchecked, so I would recommend first enabling both and re-rendering, and if the problem persists, to try toggling one or both.

On a side note, if your RED is set to either Half or Quarter in 'Preview Resolution', or Draft in 'Preview Quality', this can also contribute to this problem. Make sure that you have the Preview Resolution set to 'Full' and Preview Quality set to 'Best' when you Apply.

Return to posts index

Doug Lowe
Re: Interlacing/Progressive footage Boris Red nightmare in FCP7
on May 18, 2010 at 10:28:14 pm

Jon,

Thanks for your reply. The project settings were set as you suggested as well as the preview settings. Any other ideas?

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]