BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Troubleshooting Title 3D font crashes

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Harding
Troubleshooting Title 3D font crashes
on May 11, 2010 at 5:00:14 am

Very similar to the problem that was discussed in this thread, Boris Title 3D is crashing on me every time I try to use it. Based on the discussion there as well as the info shown in the crash report, I'm pretty sure my problem is one or more fonts that Title 3D doesn't like:

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libFontParser.dylib 0x914b47fa TParsingContext::FillBuf() + 214
1 libFontParser.dylib 0x914b41e0 TParsingContext::GetHeaderComment(int) + 52
2 libFontParser.dylib 0x914b3f14 TParsingContext::ParseType1Font() + 82
3 libFontParser.dylib 0x914b3e32 TType1ParsingContext::ParseType1Font() + 18
etc., etc., etc.

The problem is, I have a lot of fonts. It's going to take me forever to go through them enabling, disabling, launching, crashing, etc. to narrow it down. I can see from that crash report that it's a Type 1 font, but that doesn't narrow it down much.

I'm just wondering if there have been any additional discoveries on this topic since the other thread. Are there any specific fonts or issues I can check for before using the brute force approach? Any other workarounds?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Troubleshooting Title 3D font crashes
on May 11, 2010 at 1:36:33 pm

Sean,

Unfortunately there is no quick way to troubleshoot a font issue.

First thing you might want to do is pull out all of the fonts from your users font folder. IF the crash ceases you know it is worth the trouble to troubleshoot the fonts.

Return to posts index

Sean Harding
on May 11, 2010 at 3:25:04 pm

Thanks Matthew. I actually just stumbled across the solution in my case. I fired up Font Book to see if it thought I had any corrupt fonts. It didn't, but it did say there were a few duplicate fonts. Turning those off fixed it.

It's too bad Boris is so sensitive to this (no other app I use, including all of Adobe Creative Suite, Office, etc. has had a problem). But I'm glad it's fixed.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 11, 2010 at 3:33:59 pm

Glad to hear it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]