BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

boris red 4 extruded text colour settings

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Burnboris red 4 extruded text colour settings
by on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:24:37 pm

What setting in the text colour control panel is causing my bright red text to display dull red? I'm using one of the library presetas where the 3d extruded text where the camera zooms in then past the 3d text. I figured out how to change the default plastic texture from dull grey to red but now I'm baffled as to how the colour is dulled down, almost as though a 35% opacity mask is overlaid. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: boris red 4 extruded text colour settings
by on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:32:01 pm

Hi Peter,

In the Materials tab, you will find that making adjustments to most of the parameters will have an effect on the color of the extruded text block. The parameter that has the most effect would be the Diffuse parameter - you should start by setting that to a value of 100 and then back it off as needed. Keep in mind that any lighting that you have in the scene will also have an effect on the color of the text, as will any reflection maps, should you be using any of them.

Please feel free to send me a RED settings file if you would like me to take a look at it. I can modify it and send that back to you if you like. You can send that to me via email at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]