BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX 9 manual?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave FelderBoris FX 9 manual?
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:30:58 pm

For some reason, when I downloaded BFX 9, I missed downloading a manual, and I only see a few short features guides on the BFX website. My NLE's not connected to the web, so "help" doesn't work. Does anyone know if there a PDF manual available?

Return to posts index

Theo van LaarRe: Boris FX 9 manual?
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:10:53 pm

For HELP-BORIS FX USER GUIDE, you don't need an internet connection. Its all installed on your hard drive...

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Boris FX 9 manual?
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25:13 pm

You can also prompt this to launch by opening a file from the OS level called "wwhelp.htm". On the Mac it's located here -
Macintosh HD :: Applications :: Boris FX™ 9.3 :: Documentation :: wwhelp :: wwhimpl :: common :: html

On the PC it's located here -
C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\Boris FX 9.3\Documentation\wwhelp\wwhimpl\common\html

One last note - if you're having difficulties opening the file itself, are you using FireFox as your default browser? If so, try opening it in Safari or Internet Explorer.

Return to posts index

Dave FelderRe: Boris FX 9 manual?
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:52:13 pm

No problem launching it.

When Internet Explorer loads, it saw some ActiveSCRIPT calls and asked me if i wanted to allow them. Barely paying attention, I assumed IE was telling me it couldn't connect to the web, then i assumed the documentation is on line.

By taking an additional 3 seconds to READ the message on screen, I allowed activescript to run and have my manual now.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ryan Video Productions Inc. Rockaway, NJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved