BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX 9 manual?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Felder
Boris FX 9 manual?
on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:30:58 pm

For some reason, when I downloaded BFX 9, I missed downloading a manual, and I only see a few short features guides on the BFX website. My NLE's not connected to the web, so "help" doesn't work. Does anyone know if there a PDF manual available?

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Boris FX 9 manual?
on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:10:53 pm

For HELP-BORIS FX USER GUIDE, you don't need an internet connection. Its all installed on your hard drive...

Theo

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25:13 pm

Dave,

You can also prompt this to launch by opening a file from the OS level called "wwhelp.htm". On the Mac it's located here -
Macintosh HD :: Applications :: Boris FX™ 9.3 :: Documentation :: wwhelp :: wwhimpl :: common :: html

On the PC it's located here -
C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\Boris FX 9.3\Documentation\wwhelp\wwhimpl\common\html

One last note - if you're having difficulties opening the file itself, are you using FireFox as your default browser? If so, try opening it in Safari or Internet Explorer.

Return to posts index

Dave Felder
on Apr 19, 2010 at 8:52:13 pm

No problem launching it.

When Internet Explorer loads, it saw some ActiveSCRIPT calls and asked me if i wanted to allow them. Barely paying attention, I assumed IE was telling me it couldn't connect to the web, then i assumed the documentation is on line.

By taking an additional 3 seconds to READ the message on screen, I allowed activescript to run and have my manual now.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ryan Video Productions Inc. Rockaway, NJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]