BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Film Process Effect "highlight_bloom"

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan SchoonmakerFilm Process Effect "highlight_bloom"
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 2:11:23 pm

I'm coloring a spot for broadcast and the producers love the look that the Film Process Effect with the "highlight bloom" preset gives the finished product. However, the effect is causing a "morray" around several edges in the shot, as well as some pretty ugly pixelation around shadows and the image itself is becoming unstable.

I've messed with the controls of the preset to tone the effect down, but it doesn't help. I'm using an AVID Symphony Nitris, and have been getting the same results on the other in house Nitris machine we have. I've made sure the media is rendering at 1:1 so that's not it and I've run out of ideas....any thoughts or possible work arounds? Does anyone know of an effect that creates a similar look? I tried the "glow effect" with it effecting the brightness but it just doesn't do the trick. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Film Process Effect "highlight_bloom"
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 12:14:14 am

Hi Ryan,

Without seeing the image it's hard to say what's going on. Perhaps if you could send a still frame of the source and result to we could help you further. Sorry I do not have a cookie-cutter answer in this case.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved