BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Continuum crashing Final Cut

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen WessingerBoris Continuum crashing Final Cut
by on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:38:58 pm

Hey guys,

Anyone using Boris Continuum 6 in Final Cut 7.0.1? I downloaded the 14-day free trail and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the chroma key application (ChromaKey Studio Unit); however, it is crashing Final Cut. I am running Leopard on my desktop and can't use the plug-in at all. Downloaded it on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and have constant crashes throughout my work day - I am saving after every major edit because it crashes at different times when doing different edits. Compressor will not work at all.

Tech support said to use the other chorma key unit that was included because of OPEN GL something - but it does not even come close to what Chroma Studio does.

The error message I get when it crashes on my desktop is that Final Cut thinks that Borius Continuum Shaders is causing the problem (not really sure what that is besides another plug-in that was in the trial). The title of this plugin also pops up on my desktop when launching FCP which is really annoying.

If you haven't tried this plug-in and are able to efficiently it is really good....really good. I am ready to buy it right now if it will stop crashing my systems. I just want that effect and nothing else - would there we away to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved