BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

import settings 16:9 but getting stretched

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
amanda duncan
import settings 16:9 but getting stretched
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:48:46 pm

I am working on the AVID FX version 5.8(with Newscutter7.5.4) which is BOris RED but I don't know what version of BOris RED they have used and renamed as AVID FX.
Whenever I try to import an image it will stretch the image horizontally the same amount as if I were bringing in a 4:3 image into 16:9
THe image size is 1920x1080 the project is set to 1920x1080. I have also tried the other settings in the preferences like use project aspect ratio and it makes no difference.
I also tried changing the project settings to 1440x1080 and the image to 1440x1080 and it still stretches it.
I know I can adjust it in the scale but that's a pain especially getting it to keep that setting when I'm do scale changes in the effect.
WHen I change it to a 4:3 project and bring in the 1920x1080 image the image is correct.(setting set to Use project ratio)
what's going on?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: import settings 16:9 but getting stretched
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:32:36 pm

Amanda,

In Avid FX go to the your preferences and then go to the Import Tab.

Here you will see import settings for Movie and Stills. Make sure you are importing using the correct settings. Try 16x9 or square pixels for the aspect ratio.

Return to posts index

amanda duncan
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:40:31 pm

I've tried all the settings but the image looks exatly the same on every setting

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Feb 26, 2010 at 8:35:01 pm

If you can send the image file to mattm@borisfx.com I can take a look at it for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]