BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Borisfx optical stabilizer will not analyse clip

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair RuaneBorisfx optical stabilizer will not analyse clip
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 11:32:07 am

Hello,

I have a problem with the borisfx image stabilizer in FCP 5. I import my clip onto the timeline and apply the stabilizer filter to it. Then double click the viewer and move to the filters tab where I drag the source clip into the well. At this point i think I am supposed to click analysze and then I can move on the adjusting perameters. However nothing happens when I press analyze and the image in the viewer is blank and only the sound comes through. So I can't see what effect any perameter changes might have or indeed if the plugin has any efect at all. I am runnning FCP 5 on OSx 10.5.8 on a powermas G5. Please help.
Regards
Alistair

When facing a difficult task act as if it's impossible to fail - If you are going after Moby Dick take the tartar sauce.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Borisfx optical stabilizer will not analyse clip
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:44:50 pm

What version of BCC are you using?

What is your RT setting in FCP?

Return to posts index

Alistair RuaneRe: Borisfx optical stabilizer will not analyse clip
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:13:56 pm

Thanks for responding Matthew. I am using BCC6 Optical Stabilizer Demo at the moment. I am new to all of this and downloaded it with a view to buying it later. My RT settings if I understand the question are that Filters, Frame Blending and Motion Blur are ticked. Frame rate is 100% and Resolution is at 100% and the video processing is set to render in 8 bit YUV.

Regards
Alistair

When facing a difficult task act as if it's impossible to fail - If you are going after Moby Dick take the tartar sauce.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:51:35 pm

What is the exact version of Final Cut?

Is the Mode menu in the filter set to Stabilize or Smooth?

-Matt

Return to posts index

Alistair RuaneRe: Borisfx optical stabilizer will not analyse clip
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:23:47 pm

Hi Matt,

The version of final cut is 5.1.4 and I have tried the mode setting in both stabilize and smooth modes and in either case when I click the analyze button nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks
Alistair

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:16:31 pm

BCC 6 is qualified for FCP 6 and 7.

Let me try to do some testing to see if I can get it to work or not on 5.

What is your OS and processor on the machine.

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]