BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart McAlisterBorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 11:51:13 am

Hello again,

I have recently upgraded to FCP7 and am editing using P2 files, I have discovered that when using BorisFX Chroma Key Studio, the system shuts down. However, when using a less-expensive chroma key plugin, the system seems fine and stable.

I've had a good look on their site and haven't yet found any upgrades from Boris that I should download. Does anyone know of any hidden pages anywhere?

I would be most grateful if you could shed any light on this.

Stuart

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:27:22 pm

what's the exact version of FCP and BCC? Note that there are two chromakey filters included with BCC: BCC ChromaKey under Keying and BCC Chroma Key Studio under BCS Key group.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Stuart McAlisterRe: BorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:31:33 pm

FCP 7.0.1
BCC Chroma Key Unit 6

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:42:50 am

Any further comments?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:27:35 pm

BCC Chroamakey Unit includes BCC Chromakey and BCC Chromakey Studio. Which one of the two filters are you using?

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:28:18 pm

BCC Chromakey Studio

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:46:04 pm

Hi Stuart,

First, see if the BCC Chromakey filter solves the problem. In any case, I'd like to see your project or perhaps a small portion of your sequence to reproduce the problem. Can you contact our tech support at support@borisfx.com or me directly?

I apologize for inconvenience.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:46:46 pm

No problem. Will be in touch. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen WessingerRe: BorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 7:59:57 pm

Hey Stuart,

I was wondering if you were ever able to get any resolution on the Chroma Studio filter. I LOVE the trial that I used; however, I am having the same issues as you. I was able to get it to work on my MacBook Pro but had to constantly save my work every 2 to 3 minutes because it would crash. The desktop (MacPro) won't even open the clip with the filter on it without crashing.

Any update would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Stephen

Return to posts index

by on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:20:55 am

Stephen,

I received this message from their tech department on March 2nd 2010;

"We are waiting for an update to FCP from apple that should help resolve your issues, We should also have an update of our own in the near future. I'll let you know when they become available."

So far, not a word. However, you have the trail but I bought it. I could really use the update ASAP as I make 2 x 26' shows a week and the keying is suffering as a result.

Stuart

Return to posts index

Stephen WessingerRe: BorisFX Chroma Key v6 ...
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 8:04:47 pm

Hello Mr. Yamnitsky,

I downloaded the 14-day free trail and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the chroma key application (ChromaKey Studio Unit); however, it is crashing Final Cut. I am running Leopard on my desktop and can't use the plug-in at all. Downloaded it on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and have constant crashes throughout my work day - I am saving after every major edit because it crashes at different times when doing different edits. Compressor will not work at all.

Tech support said to use the other chroma key unit that was included because of OPEN GL something - but it does not even come close to what Chroma Studio does.

The error message I get when it crashes on my desktop is that Final Cut thinks that Borius Continuum Shaders is causing the problem (not really sure what that is besides another plug-in that was in the trial). The Shaders title of this plug-in also pops up on my desktop when launching FCP.

Has there been any update so that this plug-in works with Final Cut?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have approval to buy this but it has to work for me.

Stephen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]