BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Per character 3d text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammed Ovais
Per character 3d text
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:05:09 pm

Is it possible to animate the 3d extruded text in per character 3d mode with BCC? If so, how do I go about doing this? What I'm trying to do is so simple, just to rotate each letter independantly of each other.

Return to posts index

Mohammed Ovais
Re: Per character 3d text
on Feb 3, 2010 at 12:52:04 pm

Almost 1000 dollars which I'm guessing would convert to around 700-800 pounds, it's quite a lot of money particularly for someone who isn't quite a professional yet, so I'd need to know if this is possible before forking out on the plug in set.

I've seen some of the other features of BCC6 in the tutorials section and they look impressive, but of course per character 3d is one of most important things for me.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:47:39 pm

If it works the same as in RED/Graffitti, then is is very simpel:

-create your text (either 2D or extruded text will work)
-Select the text-track
-Select in the menu bar: TRACK-CONVERT TO CONTAINER.

Now all characters in your text will be placed on their own track and you can manipulate them individually

Theo

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:47:36 pm

What type of animations are you looking to do?

Return to posts index

Mohammed Ovais
on Feb 3, 2010 at 9:05:11 pm

Well we all have our own styles, mines it to use per character rotation. If I demonstrate to you what I mean. In the following video when the taglines appear such as this spring.

You'll notice all of the text flies in but the central letters fly in slightly after the others, very manageable in just AE without plugins.

In the Prince of Persia trailer, you'll see an effect with the text right at the end which I did with plain text easily.

Some of the letters are rotating in the x and y direction as they fly in through z space.

That's basically what I'm after. Now I'll try what Theo Van Laar has suggested with normal layers and even Zaxwerks trial. If I can understand what Mr Laar is suggesting, then it would help me out.

The other main plugin which I like to use is Lens Flares, mainly long sweep flares, which just a little bright spot in the middle, I've read on another motion graphic forum that is very manageable.

Thanks theo for the response, I'll have a go with the normal AE tools I have.

Return to posts index

Mohammed Ovais
on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:10:57 pm

Well I've downloaded a trial version of the plugins, easy enough to install, and very nicely sorted out.

Now I've used the tutorial on this site by Nigel and some of posts here to create the text, it does look very impressive, I particularly love this twist feature. However I've tried to do what Theo has said, but I've just not been able to located anything. It's easy enough to create several different layers holding each individual letter but I would find it much easier to be able to deal with individual characters on their own.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:00:23 pm

What Theo is describing is text with Boris Red or Boris Graffiti. Two products separate from BCC. Unfortunately with BCC Extruded text you are not going to get manipulation of individual characters on one filter instance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]