BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

open GL not supported on quadro fx

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dewan edwardsopen GL not supported on quadro fx
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 8:51:35 am

Not sure whats going on, bought the quadro fx 380 as I thought it would help me out in AE but so far I am having problems. BCC for AE says open GL is not available and I get the error message. My avid also is having issues. As far as I know the 380 replaced the 370 so it shouldnt be that big of a difference. I tried the latest driver 192. something. Any ideas, I am getting frustrated here as Avid, Boris for AE is not working correctly. Please help

Return to posts index

Touko MaksimainenRe: open GL not supported on quadro fx
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 8:58:30 am

At its current state OpenGL is useless in AE. It's best to disable it even if it's working.

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: open GL not supported on quadro fx
by on Jan 30, 2010 at 12:07:52 am

Ok now I know, I am taking the card back anyway because my system is having all types of problems since I upgraded to this card. I will try something else and not worry about open GL.

Return to posts index

Neil MyersRe: open GL not supported on quadro fx
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:36:41 am

I just went through a video card search. I was focused more on Premiere than After Effects, but in the end I decided that a simple ATI Radeon HD 4870 would work as well as any, and for $150 I couldn't go wrong.

CS5 is supposed to make much better use of Open GL, but I decided I would rather spend $150 now and then wait and see. I'll wait and see what happens with CS5 and upgrade to whatever get's the best reviews later.

Neil Myers
Connect Public Relations
CS4 Master Suite, 3DS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]