BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red - Vegas 9

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Kaatz
Boris Red - Vegas 9
on Jan 23, 2010 at 3:21:32 pm

I see several posts on transferring the plugins from an earlier version of Vegas to another but how do you get Red 4 to work on a fresh install of Vegas 9?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Boris Red - Vegas 9
on Jan 23, 2010 at 5:46:09 pm

You should simply just install with the vegas 8 option in the installer.

Return to posts index

Tom Kaatz
on Jan 23, 2010 at 7:18:40 pm

When I did the original installation off the 4.0 CD, it only gave me an option with Vegas 7. I did try to install that but when I fired up Vegas, it gave me an error that the dll file was not installed. Ran the 4.3 update and installed with Vegas 8 as the option, opened up Vegas and had the same error. I am going to try and reinstall everything and see if that will help. Anyone else having this same problem.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Jan 24, 2010 at 1:41:46 pm

The missing link may be the 64 bit version of Vegas 9. Unfortunately, we have not yet released 64 bit plugins for 64 bit Vegas. We do support 32 bit version of Vegas (7, 8 or 9) running in 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

I know, all this is a mouthful of bits and digits but that's where things stand today.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Tom Kaatz
on Jan 24, 2010 at 8:49:36 pm

Boris - thanks for the info on the 64 bit solution. I finally was able to figure out how the file was being corrupted. When I did an install with my original CD with Vegas 9, it would install the version 7 into the version 9 folder. Everything worked when I started up Vegas 9. But when I installed the 4.3 update, it corrupted the Boris4.dll file saying that it could not be found and to reinstall with the original CD. I tried that and the same error occured. If I use the 4.3 update by itself, it will install and then it asked me for an unlock code. What proceedure should I use or should I ignore the 4.3 update.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Jan 25, 2010 at 3:55:23 pm

Tom,

The update installer is a full installer.

If it is asking for an unlock send your info to mattm@borisfx.com along with the Unique Product ID and I can help resolve your issue.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Thomas Reget
on Feb 15, 2010 at 8:00:05 pm

Can we expect a 64 bit plugin for Vegas in the near future?

Return to posts index

Peter Burn
on Apr 18, 2010 at 3:56:14 pm

I hope the 64 bit version comes out soon; all BorisFX tools function file in CS4 in my 64 bit Win7 O/S but there are times I prefer Vegas.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:14:37 pm

64bit-BCC7 will be out soon. Matthew mentioned recently that Red7 will be 64bits, but that there is no planning yet for the release date.

Theo

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:46:13 pm

Theo, that is correct. The next version of Red is planned to have 64 bit support.

There aren't any updates on the status just yet but you can be assured that this will be one of the first places it is announced.

You can also sign up for our newsletter if you haven't already, it will be e-mailed as well.

The newsletter sign-up is on the right hand side of our main page:
http://borisfx.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]