BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott OzzbornBCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:44:42 am

I am having serious issues with the BBC Extruded EPS in After Effects. I'm quite new to this and whenever I use it, it slows down my pc so much you can't do anything with it. I can't preview any movment or anything because it's too slow and will not update on my screen fast enough. Do you think a new Graphics card would help?

I am running a gateway pc with an AMD Phenom64x4, 8gig DDR2 ram and an ATI radeon 3200 hd graphics card.

So far I love the look of the stuff I render out but it's static because I can't see what I'm doing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Doh!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:24:17 pm

Hi Scott,

It may be that the video driver that controls your graphics card is slowing down the pipeline - I'd suggest calling into our support team so that one of our gurus can aid in solving the issue.

You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com or via phone at 1 888 772 6747.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 5:53:37 pm

Scott,

What driver version are you running for the graphics card?

Return to posts index

Scott OzzbornRe: BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:51:39 pm

I am running the latest drivers. That is the first thing I checked. I hear on board graphics cards suck. Thats why I thought it may be that.

Doh!

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:11:56 pm

What OS are you running and what is your processor speed?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:20:34 pm

Phenom quadcore with 8 gig of ram. Does that help?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:22:03 pm

Sorry. I am running vista.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:31:15 am

UPDATE!!!!!

I have installed a new graphics card and STILL having the same problems. I installed a Geforce gts 250. 1 gig of ram & overclocked. No change. Any Ideas?

Doh!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Extruded EPS. New Graphics Card???
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:02:22 pm

Hi Scott,

Forgive me if this seems like a redundant question but are you using the latest version of BCC6, downloaded directly from our web site at borisfx.com/downloads? If so could you please let us know the exact version number? You can get that information by loading a filter, then clicking on the about button at the top of filter control panel.

Also, can you try using the filter without running any other applications? You can make sure that no other apps are running by launching the task manager and clicking on the Applications tab.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 15, 2010 at 6:30:18 pm

Peter,

I am using the latest trial version from borisfx.com. I am trying to convince my boss to purchse the product after I told him how great it is. I have now spent $300 of my own cash trying to prove my point to him but, I am failing in quite a grand fashion. LOL!!! I could post a video and show you what it is doing if that would help. I WANT BCC, please help me show my boss it's power.

Scott

Doh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]