BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

XML Transfer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter toursXML Transfer
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 1:09:51 pm

Can XML Transfer be used just to make xml exports of sequences containing live Red comps or filters in the timeline so they are preserved...not for use in AE, but as backup since Red comps don't come over in regular FCP XML exports? I like to make XML's of my master sequences for backup, besides whole project saves.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: XML Transfer
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:04:20 pm

Hi Peter,

The xml back-up workflow from FCP that you describe should work regardless of our Boris XML Transfer product as this is 100 percent Apple's code. We have nothing to do with the export as aspect of this - only the import into AE.

I'd suggest giving it a shot and if it doesn't work please let me know.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter toursRe: XML Transfer
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:53:07 pm

Peter - I am not clear - are you suggesting trying the T&B of XML Transfer and try it to see what I get, or use FCP XML export? XML export from FCP requires reloading every clip well and re-opening the preset - ok after a fire but that's about it.

I just went thru a 30 minute show and saved every BR clip as a consolidated project as my rig was giving me fits. (Fixed by changing capture cards).

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: XML Transfer
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 7:37:12 pm

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately there is currently no way for the FCP XML exporter to find and include the set-up information for any instances of RED that are in the FCP timeline.

Sorry.

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter toursRe: XML Transfer
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:57:51 pm

Just looked @ user guide. As XML Transfer seems to be an AE plugin, I don't see how it would help me. I am looking for disaster protection, and since I use Red extensively in my timeline, XML export works for everything but Red - except for the aforementioned repair technique I hope I never have to use.

Peter

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]