BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Pan and Zoom Coordinates Don't Match (?)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan MurphyPan and Zoom Coordinates Don't Match (?)
by on Jan 10, 2010 at 8:47:26 am

Absolutely LOVE the easy ease features in BCC Pan and Zoom (ease in/out is a joke in FCP).

BUT ... I can't match the outgoing frame to my FCP X & Y values.

The source footage is a basically a single clip. In the fcp timeline I split it into three clips. The first at 100 percent. The second a short transition (using BCC Pan and Zoom) and the third at 115 percent.

When I apply Pan and zoom to the transitional clip - the "B" position has coordinates which look like I should be able to apply them to clip 3 (unfiltered) - but they are off the charts different.

I can't find any rhyme or reason to the discrepancy - it's beyond inversion of positive and negative - it's like comparing apples and ocean liners.

Finally had to overlap final frame - change blend mode and opacity to line it up by eyeball - I'd rather do it cartesian.

Anybody else dealt with this?

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Pan and Zoom Coordinates Don't Match (?)
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:31:00 pm

Hi Dylan,

I think I understand the problem that you are facing however it would be much easier for us to accurately diagnose the issue if we had a project to view. Is there any chance that you could send us a sample project with notes detailing the problem? You can send that to us via yousendit ftp service, which is free for transfers that are under 100 Mb. The recipient address should be Please make sure to zip all of the files into one archive before sending them to us.

Return to posts index

Dylan MurphyRe: Pan and Zoom Coordinates Don't Match (?)
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 9:47:00 am

thanks for your response, but I seriously doubt I'm going to depend on Boris. As I said, I love the easing, but JAYSUS - it crashes FCP 7 every 120 seconds with a message blaming it on the BCC NRTAII plugin (whatever that is).

This wasn't happening before I brought the pan/zoom plug into the sequence.

I'm just glad I'm working on a client's system and I didn't shell out a grand for this misery out of my own pocket.

Pardon my bitterness, but it's very late and this issue has kept me here for many wasted hours.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved