BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

6 Very Cool FREE Red 4 Presets!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter tours6 Very Cool FREE Red 4 Presets!
by on Jan 4, 2010 at 8:36:51 am

I just downloaded these presets and they are fantastic! The most creative use of Boris Red I have seen in a long time.

The good folks at Toolfarm need - nay want - to be encouraged to make more. I think once you see these presets you will join me in doing just that.

I am just an editor who compulsively uses Boris Red and not affiliated with Toolfarm or Boris, fyi.

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

Bert DelgadoRe: 6 Very Cool FREE Red 4 Presets!
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 2:46:14 am

I was glad to hear your success in using Red. I love the program, but since I upgraded to Final Cut Pro 7 and Snow Leopard, the program fails to work in a rather interesting way.

If you are not using FCP 7 and Red, then do not waste your time reading my problem, since this situation seems to be very typical on my machine and Boris' tech support has told me that they can not recreate the problem in their computers.

The end result is that I am not using Red at all.

This is what happens: I can use any and all of the transitions from Red in FCP 7's Timeline. They are seen, they work perfectly BUT when I burn a DVD with the production, there are NO Red effects at all. At the edit point either the picture freezes for a couple of frames or simply one scene follows the next without any of the Red effects.

One work around suggested was to do output a QuickTime movie. I tried that and it works, but it becomes a rather large time consuming and machine usage for something that worked so well before.

After I do not know how many trials and errors, I came to the conclusion that it seems to be that FCP 7's Compressor and Red are not in friendly terms. But neither Apple nor Boris have offered an update to make it work.

Have you by any chance solved a problem like this without the need to create the QuickTime movie?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Bert Delgado

Return to posts index

peter toursRe: 6 Very Cool FREE Red 4 Presets!
by on Jan 9, 2010 at 4:51:23 am

Why not simply make a QT movie of your entire show, not just the transitions, and make your DVD from there. An extra few minutes is worth it. When I send a sequence w. Red in it to Compressor is scrambles the fx, but I found the movie step, just a few seconds, really, solves that problem and will prbly solve yours.

Keep using Red. There are few enuff of us out there!

Peter Tours
TnT Video Services, Inc.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved