BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris - this should be easy, but ...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Godwin
Boris - this should be easy, but ...
on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:28:03 pm

I just installed Boris 9.3.4 in FCP 7. I haven't used Boris for at least ten years, and I thought this would be easy, BUT ...

I can do the 3d movements with no problem, but I'm missing something (probably simple) about adding effect such as glow effects, which use the alpha channel. I add one to a track (the original image is an alpha channel text .png), and the preview window turns white, and nothing I do gets an image back. Deleting the filter brings the image back.

So like I said, it's probably something very basic. I downloaded Boris so there's no manual, and poking around in the help files hasn't helped, yet, so I was hoping someone could enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

John

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris - this should be easy, but ...
on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:54:46 pm

Hi John,

Please send me your project via yousendit.com free ftp service. My email is peterm@borisx.com. I'll look at the project and figure out the problem for you, and then tell you how to make it work. Please include the media but keep it as small as possible.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Dec 3, 2009 at 8:03:52 pm

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I exited Boris and then came back into it and it started working. I'm poking through it now to see how the settings are selected and then 'll try to duplicate the problem/solution.

I *assume* that, if you add one of the "glow" or similar filters, it normally starts "turned on" to some presets, and normally you would see the effect to some degree?

John

Best,
John

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 3, 2009 at 8:33:29 pm

Hi John,

Glad to hear that it's working now. It may have something to do with the OpenGL settings - you can work with OGL enabled or disabled (it's preview only) so if when you try this again you see the white image in the comp window then try disabling OGL (Preview>OpenGL Mode>Off) and see if that helps.

And yes, most filters have default values that produce an effect on the image.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]