BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Needs Hold Last Frame Option

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionBoris Needs Hold Last Frame Option
by on Nov 28, 2009 at 4:41:44 am

Hi, this business of having NO Hold Last Frame Option in Compositing Software is just WRONG. Can we please have an update on this needed feature. It can go right by the looping checkbox.

The use of short video elements is so high with today's editors that this feature should have been there already.

Is anyone at Boris even listening or is it all sales people left at Boris FX.

Please can we have an update...?

We've been asking for about a decade!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Needs Hold Last Frame Option
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:50:33 pm

Well perhaps this is something that we can add as an option in a future version of RED (and thanks for mentioning that) but in the meantime you can easily achieve this by adding the Velocity Remap filter to the clip, then setting a "hold" keyframe for the Velocity parameter with a value of 100 at the start of the clip and go to where you want to hold the last frame of the clip and add a second keyframe for the Velocity parameter again setting it to "hold" but set the value to 0.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Boris Needs Hold Last Frame Option
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:37:29 pm

Hi, thanks a lot for the help.

Seems odd that Boris wouldn't have it since video elements are so common.

The following post shows that Boris had it and it was removed. What a bad choice. Today's compositors use short animate video elements all the time. Velocity remap destroys the speed of the editor's workflow making Boris less valuable.

It reads:

Hi all,

In earlier versions of Boris Fx if a movie's length wasn't as long as the timeline's duration it would play as normal then freeze on the last frame and hold this till the end. This was very handy and I got used to this automatic feature.Upgraded to BFX6 and of course I can't figure out how to do this.

Any ideas??

I don't want to "loop" the movie, just freeze the last frame and increase the length that way. Hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about !! :-)

Respond to this post • Return to posts index

Re: Movie length
by Anne Renehan on Nov 15, 2001 at 10:34:10 am

You are correct that this feature is no longer in FX. A lot of people found it confusing and preferred that the movie simply. I will add it to our feature request list for the next FX release; maybe we could add it to the Preferences window. In the meantime, you can export the last frame as a Still Image and then import it. Sorry about that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved