BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Will Boris FX work for a time-lapse morph type edit?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie SteeleWill Boris FX work for a time-lapse morph type edit?
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 6:26:25 am

I am really hoping someone can help me find a technique to do this idea. What do you recommend? Will Boris FX have something to help me?

I am trying to video myself running on the treadmill everyday for 1 minute in the same outfit for three months and edit together for about 7-10 seconds of video to show rapid weight-loss, as if I got on the treadmill and only needed to run for 10 seconds to magically loose fat and gain muscle.

In my test edit, it didn't work out so well, when I tried to edit the frames together it was quite jerky and didn't match up perfectly. I need it to be super smooth. I want it to look like one continuos shot.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated! You guys would be my hero if you could help. What do you recommend?

Thanks, Julie

p.s. what would you call this? It's not exactly a traditional time lapse nor is it a traditional morph.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Will Boris FX work for a time-lapse morph type edit?
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:12:32 pm

I think a simple 6 frame dissolve transition between 10 sec. clips will do the trick. I'll be a poor salesmen and tell you that you do not even need Boris FX for it. Locking the camera in the same angle for for 3 months and choosing start-end frames to match your body position would make the animation a little more smooth.

Good luck with your project.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved