BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC Extruded Text -- Rotate Around Globe (Sphere Object)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jolosky
BCC Extruded Text -- Rotate Around Globe (Sphere Object)
on Nov 19, 2009 at 6:31:12 am

** EDITED by DAVID **

Okay, I think BEND will do the trick. Is there something I was missing other than Bend?

thanks

I really hope I'm missing something simple here. Project request is to revolve 3d Text around a Globe (well, any ol' object really) a la the universal pictures logo.

Text on a circle right, but need to orient the characters upright. I am simply not finding the setting. Is this possible? Is there a workaround with BCC Extruded text to yield these results?

My thanks.

David

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Extruded Text -- Rotate Around Globe (Sphere Object)
on Nov 19, 2009 at 2:28:28 pm

Hi David,

You could actually make that effect in less than a minute in Boris Blue - you can download a free trial version of the software here:

borisfx.com/downloads

It's the easiest and fastest way of generating the result that you are after and can be used standalone or plugged into many host environments.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

David Jolosky
on Nov 19, 2009 at 2:33:56 pm

Thank you for the thinking. I'm on Macintosh systems so Blue wouldn't be feasible at this time. Hoping some other kind posters will have some insight into BCC package.

d

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

Steve Pankow
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:20:16 am

Wouldn't you put your line of extruded text on the fact track of a cylinder and adjust the wrap so it appears to go around the edges of your sphere? Then you push the text across the face of the cylinder (the face media is turned off obviously) using the x-axis slider of the text track?

Return to posts index

David Jolosky
on Nov 23, 2009 at 2:36:34 pm

Just built it in Cinema 4d. Yes, I think doing a cylinder would have solved it. AE (with per character 3d) has the ability to rotate off of the baseline, I just hoped/figured the BCC plug had that capability.

thanks for everyone's posts.

d

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]