BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Last Frame

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionBoris Last Frame
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 12:46:56 am

Hi, how do make the last frame of video clip hold? I'm bringing in elements that are shorter than the project. What is the easiest way to hold the last frame in Boris? Do I have to use a filter?

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Boris Last Frame
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 4:36:16 pm

The only thing I could think of is you could export the current frame and re-import it as a still.

To export it just park on the frame you want the go to File> Export> Current Frame.

Then import it and cut it in where you need it.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Boris Last Frame
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 7:42:47 pm

Wow, seems like a BIG oversight. I read Boris 2 had this feature by default and it was suppose to be put back in preferences. I wrote to Boris days ago and no response.

These are animated Hi-RES Elements. I don't want to export out and back in because the quality will be different. Plus, the animated effects have to be reworked just because Boris has this GIANT OVERSIGHT. This is a big deal breaker for me and Boris. Speed is very important in editing. This problem has really slowed me down.

I should have paid the extra and bought After Effects. :(

Heck even Sony Vegas has hold the last frame as a feature. It makes no sense that Boris does not.

Shame on Boris FX.

Thank you for your response.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Boris Last Frame
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 7:57:22 pm

Do you know who you wrote to at Boris? You should be sending any support inquiries to support@borisfx.com and everything will get a response even if it's a we'll look into it response.

Can you clarify exactly what you are looking to do and why? You have video of a specific length but instead of having the video end you want it to add "x" duplicates of the last frame to fill the length you are looking for?

Be as precise as possible!

-Matt

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: Boris Last Frame
by on Nov 18, 2009 at 8:31:35 pm

Couldn't you apply the Velocity Remap filter to your tracks and keyframe it so that it holds?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:03:32 am

Yes, velocity map works ands seems to be the fastest way. However, it seems like putting a match out with a fire hose

I have many animated video elements. Most are a few seconds long. The projects are usually 15 second openings where video elements like filigrees and hoodlanders animate onto the screen and then hold.

The problem is the holding part. Most software I have used in the past has an easy hold last frame option so this task doesn't become too tedious. Boris 4.3 does not, but in Boris 2 it did.

Common sense says Boris should have it and it should be right next to the looping feature in Boris.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 21, 2009 at 7:40:10 pm

It feels like Boris is not what it used to be. Has Boris gone passe?
Will there ever be a Boris 5? Why doesn't Boris have a forum on their own web site? This forum is not the same.

To have to use a time filter to lock the last frame is just a giant PITA!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]