BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BorisFX 9.3.x transitions won't open in FCP7

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Thomas
BorisFX 9.3.x transitions won't open in FCP7
on Oct 12, 2009 at 11:13:13 am

I just bought BorisFX 9.3.x for use in FCP 7 but the BorisFX transition editor window doesn't do anything when I click or double click on either the BorisFX logo or options button in the BorisFX transition editor window.

I've added the BorisFX transition to an edit point in the Final Cut Pro 7 Timeline, double clicked the transition to open it in the BorisFX transition editor window, and have my Playhead parked over the transition in the Timeline.

I'm on a 2008 MacPro dual quad with 8 gigs ram, 512 VRam, latest Mac OS X 10.5.x, latest version of BorisFX 9.3x.

When I add a BorisFX effect to a clip in the Timeline, I can launch the BorisFX interface by double clicking on the BorisFX logo in the effects tab of the Viewer and preview the stock transitions in the Library successfully.

Any ideas?

Thanks

======
Richard

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: BorisFX 9.3.x transitions won't open in FCP7
on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:21:11 pm

Richard,

Sounds like you may have the RT setting in FCP set to unlimited. Set it to safe and you should be able to launch the FX interface.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Richard Thomas
on Oct 12, 2009 at 4:43:36 pm

Thanks Matt.

Curiously, I didn't see any reference to switching to safe RT in the FCP getting started section of the Boris FX online help

======
Richard

Return to posts index

Tommy Talley
on Oct 31, 2009 at 6:17:15 pm

I'm having a similar problem.

I bought the Boris Pack which included Continuum, Final Effects, and RED.

All of my transitions and filters form Continuum are working, but the majority of the effects from Final Effects are giving me this kind of error: "The Effect FEC PIN WIPE failed to render"

I get the message when I place it in the the timeline, and when I attempt to run a render I get a pop up with the same message.

tommy talley
contrastfilms.net
tommy@contrastflms.net

"Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you." - Herman Blume

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Oct 31, 2009 at 9:52:06 pm

Tommy,

I will take a look at this but won't be able to until Monday morning...I'll post you an update then.

Until then let me know what graphics card/cards you have in your machine and your monitor set-up. I have not seen this error before but stumbled across something in a search that pointed to something with multiple graphics cards or multiple displays attached.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:46:09 pm

Tommy,

I was able to reproduce this...I'll respond later when I have more information.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Nov 2, 2009 at 7:44:23 pm

Tommy I tried to e-mail you but it got bounced back.

Can you let me know what the exact version of MAC OS you are on and what version of FEC and Final Cut Pro you are using?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 18, 2009 at 10:27:04 pm

Tommy,

If you go to the link below and download the latest update the failed to render error has been fixed:

http://www.borisfx.com/downloads/FEC502.php?id=1942730

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]