BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Looking for a way to remove objects that is NOT Boris

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stefan springman
Looking for a way to remove objects that is NOT Boris
on Sep 22, 2009 at 11:17:04 pm

We are shooting video of a busy street scene with multiple moving foreground elements we wish to remove from the scene, so the Boris motion tracking option doesn't seem applicable. Can anyone recommend a software solution that doesn't require tracking?

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Looking for a way to remove objects that is NOT Boris
on Sep 23, 2009 at 7:58:51 am

I'm going to suggest something "Boris" first, then give another solution.

You could try BCC Motion Key in the Continuum Complete package. This will try to reconstruct a background image from multiple frames. There's a tutorial on the BorisFX site.

The other way, possibly without tracking, is to create a clean plate then settle down for some good, old-fashioned rotoscoping. Basically create articulated masks to cut out the foreground elements and reveal the clean background plate.

How do you create the plate? Well, if you can't get a good bit of clear footage when shooting, then it's a fair bit of Photoshop work, blending multiple frames and a good amount of cloning.

I've got a training DVD in production that is all about roto work with Mocha. So I'll just say, that depending on your footage, you could be in for a fair amount of post work. :)

Hope that helps,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
for After Effects & Apple Color

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Looking for a way to remove objects that is NOT Boris
on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:01:42 pm

I second the suggestion to try BCC Motion Key. It is designed to do just that without motion tracking by using our Optical Flow technology. There is a new tutorial by Kevin McAuliffe from Pro Editing @ Home

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.asp?sid=379

demonstrating removing one person from a backyard. Although, it is not as dramatic as removing multiple people from a busy street his results seem very clean. Good luck!

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]