BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Stabilizer crippled in Final Cut Express?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wilfred HildonenBCC Stabilizer crippled in Final Cut Express?
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:36:01 pm

I tried out the Boris Stabilizer on my FCE 4.0.1 and found it worth buying, but perhaps I should have watched your tutorial video first since I then discovered something which puzzled me; a lot of the features showed there, like the Analyzing feature and the whole slew of post-production features do not appear in the filter I have.
Is that because it is FCE and not FCP? If that be that case, I think they should tell customers about it and if they have, it is not on a very prominent place, at least. I havenĀ“t seen it. And if the product is crippled in FCE, why do we have to pay the full price?
Well, what is there works and works well, but it was somewhat disappointing to discover the missing features. I guess I would have felt better about it, if one would get a note about it during or before the purchase and especially if the price would be reflecting that it is not the full featured product.

But perhaps there is something I have overlooked? A way to enable those features?

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: BCC Stabilizer crippled in Final Cut Express?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 4:05:48 pm

Wilfred already contacted us here at Boris Support but just to let others know the issue here is that the features Wilfred is speaking of have been added in the 6.0.4 release. The problem comes in because the Optical Stabilizer Unit is on 6.0.3. For now certain functionality is only in the full BCC package although the unit is expected to be updated in the near future.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BCC Stabilizer crippled in Final Cut Express?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:04:44 pm

and I can add that our individual unit updates are usually free to registered unit owners. Expect Optical Stabilizer update soon.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Wilfred HildonenRe: BCC Stabilizer crippled in Final Cut Express?
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 6:23:24 pm

Just wanted to pop in to give kudos to the Boris Support! At first, my impression was leaning towards the negative side, what with the features missing and all, but after receiving this kind of personal and excellent support, I am as happy as happy can be:) So thank you, people! Keep up the good work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved