BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BFX doesn't find files

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave FelderBFX doesn't find files
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:25:35 pm

I've been using BorisFX 7 on my FCP 4.5 for almost 5 years, and it's just picked up an annoying quirk.

I have about 100 clips on my time line, each with a BorisFX Effect added to them. The effect has several functions, it adds a chromakey (footage is greenscreened), scales the image to 1/4 of the screen, and adds a background image (TIFF) that only covers 90% of the image, and a second background image (also a TIFF) to fill in the frame to the edge. Finally, on V2, directly above the video clip with the BFX, I have a text effect using the FCP titler.

After several months of working on the project, when I render the clip, something (either FCP or BFX) isn't seeing the background images and I'm getting my effect on black.

Opening the clip, I get a "Media missing" error message, with a path indicating where the still TIFF image should be. (It IS there, BFX just isn't seeing it. No - I haven't renamed the images) When I click on the "Search" button, it spends a few seconds searching the hard drive, then loads the TIFF from the same location it should have been in the first place.

When I shut down at the end of the day, the next day when I load up FCP, BFX has once again decided the images were missing, and finds them when I manually open the EFX and SEARCH the hard drives.

I've repaired permissions on the MAC, deleted preferences for FCP and for BFX, and cleared the BFX cache. No change in the problem.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved