by Eyad Abutaha on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:27:17 pm
I’m using bcc extrude spline for a logo I have; the problem am having is the plug-in allow me to use only one mask as path type; I have to use 2 masks to draw the logo; is there a fix for that. The logo will look totally different if I use only one mask.
Re: extrude spline by peter mcauley on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:51:33 pm
There is a workaround but it involves using Adobe Illustrator to merge the paths and the BCC Extrude EPS filter instead of the BCC Extrudes Spline filter. Here's how to do it:
• copy the mask paths from After Effects into separate layers in Illustrator - copy/paste should work
• fill the objects with color
• save the file from Illustrator as Illustrator EPS version 8
• in After Effects, replace the BCC Extrude Spline filter with the BCC Extrude EPS filter
• import the saved Illustrator file into the BCC Extrude EPS filter
We have discussed the use of multiple spline masks in AE and I suspect this will become available in a future release of the product but for the time being, the BCC Extrude Spline filter can only extrude one mask path shape.
Re: extrude spline by Eyad Abutaha on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:20:29 am
Thanks Peter for the quick respond; i will follow your directions later since am away from my computer now; but as i recall i dont think i have a filter called BCC Extrude EPS; any ways i will check later on today.