BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Hey! Where'd my TGA compressor go?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Yarbrough
Hey! Where'd my TGA compressor go?
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:39:14 pm

Hi all... this is perplexing. Just upgraded my Boris RED to 4.3.3, first deleting my old version (4.3.1). Had some quicktime vs Sorenson issues, so had to re-install QT 7.1.6. Suddenly, I can't export a quicktime using my TGA compressor... either it's not on the pull-down menu or Boris crashes. Installed, uninstalled, reinstalled 4.3.3, no joy. I'm about to try re-installing 4.3.1 and see if that helps. Any thoughts?

Best,
Scott

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Hey! Where'd my TGA compressor go?
on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:50:00 pm

Hi Scott,

Very bizarre behavior - I've not seen this before. I think it might be best for you to contact someone in our support department as they might be able to help you in restoring Targa export from RED on your system. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:04:50 pm

Scott,

Is this an XP or Vista machine?

Have you tried deleting the Red .ini file. It is located in the C:/Windows folder and should be BorisRed4.3.ini.

Trash that and see if it performs any better.

Also you noticed this only after reverting back to 7.1.6 QuickTime?

What version of QuickTime were you running before and if you go back to it does it work?

-Matt

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:37:15 pm

Hi Matthew,
XP sp3 3gb machine, Avid MC 3.5.4, Sorenson 4.3, RED 4.3.3, just upgraded from 4.3.1. Found .ini files for 4.2 and 4.3... deleted both, same behavior. Yes, behavior started after upgrade to QT 7.6, then downgrade to 7.1.6. Repeated re-installations have not helped. I select Quicktime Movie from the Export drop-down menu. Compression settings default to Animation. Clicking on the Compression Settings button causes RED to crash.

best,
Scott

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Sep 8, 2009 at 4:24:14 pm

Scott,

Launch your QT player. Once launched go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences> QuickTime Preferences. This will open a new screen.

Go to the advanced tab. Try switching the "video" section setting to Safe mode (GDI only).

Does this produce any better results?

- Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]