BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

best effect to hide identity

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean brennanbest effect to hide identity
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 4:08:29 pm

What is it they use in those police programs to blur out number plates and faces?
Some look better than others, on the Jerry Springer show it's done really well, what do they use do you think?
It's taking me ages with a blur filter, following every frame, and adding hundreds of keyframes, still don't look good!

thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: best effect to hide identity
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 5:08:16 pm

Hi Sean,

You might want to try the BCC Witness Protect filter - it was designed with exactly this effect in mind. You can select between a mosaic, blur, brightness/contrast and color tint. Most people use the blur or the mosaic effect. There are complete instructions on how to use the filter on our web site in the tutorial section.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: best effect to hide identity
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 5:12:39 pm

Here is the video tutorial that does exactly what you are asking for in Final Cut

http://borisfx.cachefly.net/borisfx/tv/tracker_081809.html

Enjoy,

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

sean brennanRe: best effect to hide identity
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:19:56 pm

any chance of a premiere pro version please? This does not help, I have following instructions and similar parameters but the tracker is going where it wants and not following the face at all!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: best effect to hide identity
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:51:11 pm

Hi Sean,

BCC 6 should work in Premiere Pro 4.1.

I know that you had some trouble in getting this effect to deliver the result that you expected but you cannot expect a motion tracker to follow a pixel array without some degree of tweaking - even the most sophisticated trackers in the world need a little tweaking because no two clips are alike. Makes sense ... right?

Go to the Preprocess group, enable the View Preprocess function by clicking on the checkbox (this is just so that you can see what you are doing) and tweak the parameters until the tracker successfully follows the pixel motion - this is how everyone does it. :)

I hope this helps.

Peter.

ps - if after a few attempt you still can't get it to work please feel free to send me a small portion (less than 100 mb) of the clip via yousendit ftp service (which is free) and I'll give it a shot myself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]