BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Deciphering Correct BCC version

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto Mendez
Deciphering Correct BCC version
on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:53:48 am

I am using Avid MC composer 3.0 and Borix 5.0.3 Avx 2 plugins. I am working on a project with another company and a couple of FX they had in their sequence came up missing in the timeline. The FX is rendered and it looks like a BCC Fx but when I go into FX mode the Avid doesn't tell me what fx it is. Is there a work-around to see what version of BCC they have. I've asked but I think they are giving me the wrong version (5.0.4). I took the update but the icons still do not show up in my timeline even after I break the render

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
Re: Deciphering Correct BCC version
on Aug 19, 2009 at 5:17:12 pm

Alberto,

Do you know if they are using AVX 1.5 or AVX 2 versions of the plug-ins?

Do you know if you have both versions installed?

If you park on an effect and open the effect editor can you promote the effect? There should be a button for promoting to advanced key frames, does this show up?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 19, 2009 at 5:20:21 pm

Hi Alberto,

Are you on Windows or Macintosh?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:26:30 pm

Hi Alberto,

If you are on Windows:

go to c:\program files\Boris FX, Inc\Boris Continuum Complete AVX 5.0\BCC 16bit Dlls

then right click on the file that is in this folder, which should be labeled "BCC_16bit.dll"

then click on the Version tab in the window that appears and you should see the exact version number

If you are on Macintosh:

go to MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/BorisFX/Lib/BCC5AVX/BitDepthSupport/

then click on the file BCC_Colors16bit.bundle and select file>get info and in the window that appears you should see the exact version number

I hope this helps,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Alberto Mendez
on Aug 21, 2009 at 3:58:19 pm

Sorry for the late response

I have a mac based system (quad core) running MC 3.0 and I checked the version of BCC I am running.

It's BCC AVX2 (AVX 5.0.4). I haven't been able to check their PC avids but now that I know how to get to the files, It should be easy to figure out now.

thanks,

Return to posts index

Alberto Mendez
on Aug 23, 2009 at 5:16:29 pm

Just checked the clients version on their pc. It is version 5.0.3.56

there is a conflict. I'll have to down-grade to that version.

thanks,
;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]