BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

alpha question 'newbie'

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean brennan
alpha question 'newbie'
on Aug 15, 2009 at 8:23:25 am

Hi, I have a .psd file in premiere (title that is transparent) it looks fine over video until I add a boris fx filter to it then I lose the alpha information, BLACK shows in the background of the Boris composite window and when applied the result in premiere is the same. What have I missed in Boris..I don't see an alpha on switch or anything? thanks guys

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: alpha question 'newbie'
on Aug 15, 2009 at 7:52:18 pm

Hi Sean,

I just tried it and it worked fine for me. If you can tell me exactly what Boris filter are you using (and how you applied it) I'll see if it's something that I can replicate here. A few more questions for ya ...

What version of P Pro are you using?
What version of Boris filters are you using?
Is this on WIndows or Mac?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

sean brennan
on Aug 15, 2009 at 10:35:23 pm

Windows XP Pro
Prem Pro CS4.1.0
Boris RED4.3.3.1502

In the premiere timeline I have a movie file in Video 1 and a .psd file in Video 2 above (Imported as Individual Layer). I drag the Boris RED 4 Filter from the FX Window and let it go on the .psd file in the timeline and Boris launches. Now the background of the .psd shows black and is not clear anymore so I can see the layer below.
thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 16, 2009 at 12:57:45 pm

Okay - so you're using RED. Well once you enter the RED interface, click on the top track, which should contain the PSD file. Then twirl this track down by clicking on the disclosure triangle at the left of the track name and you will see additional tracks such as the mask track and the face track. Click on the face track and look in the controls window. You should see that there are options for handling alpha - the pop-up is labelled key. Make sure that this is set to pass alpha - if it's set to "no alpha" change that to any of the other available options and you should be all set.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

sean brennan
on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:28:37 pm

Thanks so much peter, problem solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]