BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC LightZoom in Red 3

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve PankowBCC LightZoom in Red 3
by on Aug 13, 2009 at 9:33:05 pm

It seems that Auto Animate produces an effect where the light rays move way too quickly (on a static object) and I cannot get it set to where you have a slow shimmer, ala BCC3 Rays_Textured in Continuum. Is it not possible with this filter?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC LightZoom in Red 3
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:41:30 pm

Hi Steve,

Because the two filters are very different I highly doubt that you will be able to get them to match. You can always use BCC filters in RED 3 though, if you need to match the look that you had achieved using the BCC Rays Textured filter.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: BCC LightZoom in Red 3
by on Aug 14, 2009 at 7:25:13 pm

That's what I was doing - using Light Zoom in Red 3 to try and emulate BCC Rays Textured that I was using in Avid as Continuum AVX V3. Are you saying Rays Textured should be showing up in the filter list in Red 3? I don't see it. Would be very nice if it did.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC LightZoom in Red 3
by on Aug 15, 2009 at 7:54:51 pm

Hi Steve,

You would most likely have to download and install BCC (boris continuum complete) to use the Rays Textured filter on your system. You can download it for free from the borisfx.com web site - it'll work without a watermark for 14 days in trial mode.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2009 at 8:14:37 pm

We've already got version 3 of BCC AVX on Media Composer. Was access to Textured Rays added since then?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 16, 2009 at 8:28:52 pm

Answering my own question, I see Textured Rays has been added to version 6. We're only running 2.2.10 of Media Composer, so it doesn't appear the trial download will be compatible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]