BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Open GL supported or not..help?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean brennan
Open GL supported or not..help?
on Aug 13, 2009 at 10:38:59 am

Hi, I have a Nvidia QuadroFX 500/FX600/AGP/SSE2 OpenGL version 2.1.0. In the supported cards list it says Quadro FX - all so I assumed it was supported however I get "your systems video card driver is not supported by Boris RED - disabling OpenGL.

I have updated the drivers via Windows 7 to the latest, is there something I'm missing to get this to work?

thank you
Sean

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Open GL supported or not..help?
on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:28:57 pm

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure what to tell you other than this is most likely a driver / OS related issue. I believe we suggest using the driver 182.65 for our OpenGL rendering - are you using that driver on your system? Also, you state that you are using MS Windows 7 ... RED 4 has not been qualified to run under that (yet to be released) version of Windows. Are you able to run RED with OGL disabled?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

sean brennan
on Aug 13, 2009 at 7:48:51 pm

Yes Red seems to be running under Windows 7 with OGL disabled. I am still testing.

where do I find the driver 182.65?
Not sure what one I have ..there's so many numbers and versions it's confusing and not very clear. One sales person told me that Quadro FX 500 isn't supported with Boris as there's not a driver! thanks

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:39:00 pm

Hi,

If you go to the Nviidia site and perform a manual driver search (there's a box for this) you will find the driver. Here's a link to the search that I ran:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv_search_us.html?cx=009029091075083507105%3A9...

While I was there I looked into their driver support for Windows 7 and the Quadro FX 500 card that you have - it's not listed as a supported card by Nvidia, which may account for the problems that you are seeing.

Anyway, please give the 182.65 driver a shot and let us know how that works for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]