BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

3d timeline in Boris RED?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Willis3d timeline in Boris RED?
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 6:36:01 pm

Hello. I am just starting to get my feet on the ground with Vegas Pro 9.0a, and am totally new to Boris RED.

I need to create seven 3d rectangles in space, simulating a 7000 year period of history. At certain points I need to highlight the transitions (where the rectangles come together, emphasizing the thousand year marks), and at other times I need to have the other six rectangles fade out, and then zoom in on the seventh one, so that it fills the screen (and then highlight the start and end of the rectangles).

I think I just figured out keyframes in Vegas, and I imagine that keyframing in Boris works very similar. I think this is a little beyond what I can do in Vegas: how would I do this in RED? Thanks.

Norman Willis

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: 3d timeline in Boris RED?
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 1:12:41 pm

Hi Norman,

Unfortunately I don't have the time to list out the steps that you would need to create this effect, nor do I have the time to generate it for you, but I can tell you that it is entirely possible for you to create this look using Boris RED. You might want to use RED's 3-D Containers so that you can move the 3D rectangle objects in unison while retaining the ability to move each individual rectangle as a single element. If you want the elements to stay on a 3D Path, then you can utilize the Motion Path filter in RED to achieve that goal.

I wish that I could offer more help but I think if you spend some time going through the tutorials that are included with RED and also those that are freely available on our web site at then I'm sure you'll have no problem in creating the look that you have in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved