BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

boris graffiti insiffiscient shader support

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean mathis
boris graffiti insiffiscient shader support
on Aug 6, 2009 at 4:35:20 am

Hi I use a macbook 2.1 GHZ intel core duo with osx 10.5.6 ans after effects CS4 I just dl the latest boris graffiti demo tried to apply on a layer and get that error message critical error card is reporting insuffiscient shader support. I send messages at th eboris official support for two days already but they don't really come up with brilliant solutions. Any help highly appreciated.
Jean

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: boris graffiti insiffiscient shader support
on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:15:18 am

Hi Jean,

I'm surprised that you are getting this error message when you attempt to use Graffiti 5 on that system within AE CS4 and also that our techs were not able to figure it out for you (they are highly qualified technicians and at the top of their game.)

Anyway, I'll work with you this morning to see what we can do to resolve the issue.

To start, try running the standalone Graffiti keyframer outside of AE. Tell me if this works. If it does then we'll disable the OGL preview in AE and see if that prevents the plug-in from generating the error message that you are seeing. If not, then we'll launch the Graffiti standalone and disable OGL previewing in Graffiti and try the plug-in within AE again.

Please let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

jean mathis
on Aug 7, 2009 at 3:05:47 am

I got this answer from boris this morning :
Le 6 août 09 à 15:26, Boris FX Technical Support Team a écrit :

Jean,

The graphics card you are running(Intel GMA X3100) Is not supported for the
level of shader technology needed for some of the effects in BCC (3D objects
and BCS). There is information on graphics card support here:

http://www.borisfx.com/download_files/BCCAE6ReleaseNotes.zip

Thanks
Matt
Boris Support

Pretty much settles the case.

Return to posts index

jean mathis
on Aug 7, 2009 at 10:10:54 am

Actually after downloading a 4,8 mb zip and fumbling around to find some infos. You finally get the answer : They say check out this link
http://www.borisfx.com/products/OpenGL.php to see if U r card is compatible. Actually its nos so mac friendly altogether. If U have latest
open gl drivers doesnt matter its just that macbooks for instance are not compatible. I am disapointed I must say.
Jean

Return to posts index

jean mathis
on Aug 7, 2009 at 10:15:30 am

Actually in after effects CS4 I even cannot activate the open gl in preferences, its greyed, but I checked I have all the latest open GL drivers anybody has an idea why this could be so ? I use Max osx 10.5.5
an a intel GMA X3100 card on my macbook.
Best
Jean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]