BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Please help! Need crash course in Boris RED Text.

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman WillisPlease help! Need crash course in Boris RED Text.
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:40:50 pm

Please help. There is a bug in the Text Media Generators in Vegas Pro 9.0, and I just lost hours and hours and hours of work. All of my Generated Text Media events are now blank.

I am doing teaching video, and I need text for putting quotations and such up on the screen. I do not see how I can move forward without it. I have two projects due Friday afternoon, and I am really stuck.

I have Boris RED on my machine. I have never really used it. Is there some way to cut-and-paste from my teleprompter script (Word 2007) and bring it inside of RED, and then generate a file I can bring inside of Vegas, and position using Track Motion?

And how would I size it?

I have two Boris RED training videos by Class On Demand, but I am brand new to video editing, and I am still trying to get my feet on the ground in Vegas. I have not been able to get to Boris RED yet.

I have two projects due Friday afternoon, and I must generate text. Is it possible that someone can please give me a step-by-step crash course on how to cut and paste from Word, turn it into text in RED, and then generate some kind of a file (.avi?) that I can position and size in Vegas (probably using Track Motion)?

Thank you so much for your help.

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org
servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Please help! Need crash course in Boris RED Text.
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 7:16:16 pm

Hi Norman,

This tutorial might aid you in understanding how to work with text in Boris RED:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/textgen.php

Cheers,

peter.

Return to posts index

Norman WillisRe: Please help! Need crash course in Boris RED Text.
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 6:48:42 am

Thanks, Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]