BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Dylon GonzalesBoris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 6:32:56 am

good day all Adobe after efects cs3 user! i have this strange problem regarding BCC extruded text. i've searched for a solution in the internet but it seem that im the only one with this problem. meaning, no solution at all! not even a similar problem posted! im using a core 2 Quad processor, 4 gig RAM, 1gig ATI radeon HD 2600XT video card with complete shader, advance 3d acceleration, and open_GL feature. yet when i use BCC extruded text on a new solid layer, it wont preview on my composition. i have the option to type in the text but after clicking apply, there is no preview only black screen with red dots to control the timeframe.. i tried enabling open_gl on the preferences and even applying default settings on my video card but the problem remains. note: (other BCC features work very well)... im desperate and frustrated... any form of help will be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 2:25:55 pm

Hi Dylon,

The ATI video card that your system is equipped with might not be able to support the level of shader processing that is required by the BCC 3D Objects filters. If that is the case then you will have to upgrade your video card. It may however be a simple matter of pairing your video card with the right driver though, so with that said, I'd like to suggest that you contact our technical support department to see if they can assist you in resolving this issue. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 3:40:18 pm

Dylon,

The supported ATI driver is going to be v. 9.1.

You will first want to make sure that is the driver you are running for the card.

Return to posts index

Dylon GonzalesRe: Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:34:15 pm

Sir Matthew and Peter,

My Sincerest thanks for the advice you have given. however, it never dawned on me that the culprit might be the driver. only because i used the driver that came with the graphics card itself. i am confident that i installed the correct driver because i'm also using my computer for high definition games such as call of duty 4, far cry 2, H.A.W.X, world of warcraft etc. without a single problem. Anyways, i will still take your advice and check whether my card really is compatible with boris fx by emailing the address you have given. thank you and God bless!

dylon

Return to posts index

by on Aug 5, 2009 at 4:23:37 pm

Dylon,

Check the driver version on the machine now. To do so Right click the desktop and choose properties, go to the settings window and choose advanced and then go to the adapter tab and choose properties, on the new window go to the adapter tab and it should give you the driver version.

Return to posts index

Dylon GonzalesRe: Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 1:00:40 pm

Whoa! matthew you're the man! i checked my driver version and it's 8.9. i downloaded v9.7 on ATI support and tried BCC extruded text and now it's working! thanks a lot bro! God Bless!

dylon

Return to posts index

by on Aug 6, 2009 at 3:21:50 pm

Thanks Dylon.

Glad I could help!

Return to posts index

ERICK OMARRe: Boris continuum complete 6 BCC extruded text no preview
by on Oct 4, 2009 at 9:21:28 am

mi problema es muy parecido pero en mi caso luego de usar el texto extruido me aparece un mensaje que dice que mi hardware no es compatible o algo asi en una pantalla negra, tengo una tarjeta NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, quisieran que me ayuden por favor.

omar salazar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]