BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Sparkle following a path

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony WillisSparkle following a path
by on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:02:16 pm

I have a job tomorrow in which I shall have to make a magic sparkle effect within Avid. Media Composer I presume.

The client has Boris, CC6 I hope. I have used the suite a few times, but for pretty basic stuff.

The trouble is that I can see how to make a magic sparkle effect follow a course in Adobe After Effects. I have downloaded the trial of CC6 for AE and made myself some sparkly effects with the Glitter plugin and saved them as presets. I've also animated the sparkle by using a standard AE mask unfurling. The mask is on the adjustment layer along with the Boris plugin. Simple.

So does anyone know a good solution for making the Boris sparkle follow a course within the Avid effect context?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Sparkle following a path
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 2:04:01 am

Hi Anthony,

I can help you with that.

I just created 3 comps for you in a Boris RED 4.3 project that you should be able to open in Avid FX. Each of the different comps shows a different way to achieve the result that I think you have in mind. If you send me an email I'll send you the project. You can reach me at

A could of caveats - you'll need to use BCC 6 (you can download that from our web site at and you'll need the latest version of Avid FX. If you don't have that you can use RED instead also by downloading this from our web site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved