BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Green screening & Match Move

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave StoutGreen screening & Match Move
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 4:24:59 pm

I know bb6 uses original files when u use match move but is ther any way to use the layer of the composite for the match move? When I grn screen a layer and try to match a movement of another layer all I get is the entire layer, not the green screened area. Also tried masking but I just get the entire layer. Please help, someone. I know it should be able to be done, it's a simple proceedure so I would assume!
Please I beg of you, HELP

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Green screening & Match Move
by on Jul 27, 2009 at 5:52:16 pm

Hi Dave,

You'll need to precomp the greenscreened layer before using it with the matchmove filter. What host are you using?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave StoutRe: Green screening & Match Move
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:07:03 am

Adobe AE CS4
Thanks
I'm not on my pc right now so I forget the exact name for the effect. but I did use the effect to remove moving objects
from the comp. To mask a moving object. If I save movie of this mask is ther a way I can render just the mask without any back ground? Does this make sense?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:08:29 am

Ph by the way, Thank slot Peter for the response .

Return to posts index

by on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:31:30 am

Peter never mind, you telling me to precomp gave me an idea so I precomped the mask, spline, rotospline, whatever u call it @ RGB with Alpha and boom it worked DUH!!! Sometimes I feel so dumb . Thanks again
Dave c stout

Return to posts index

by on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:37:39 am

And it works!!!
I now have a talking turtle with green lips! Looks GREAT!
thanks
Dave

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Green screening & Match Move
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 11:28:53 pm

Hi Dave,

I think the filter to which you are referring is the BCC Motion Key. Indeed, on suitable shots it works great for removing moving objects from a scene however, it does not have the capability to render out a mask of the moving object. It's something that we have discussed in the past though and perhaps we will offer that in a future update.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 29, 2009 at 1:20:45 pm

I don't know Peter, I swear I used motion key and used show mask then made a movie of that using QuickTime and the option RGB and Alpha. Then imported that back into project and mathched moved it with my turtle background. I'll try that again to make sure that was the sequence but all I knw is that it worked and worked well!
Dave C Stout

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]